Author Topic: Could you let a brother in?  (Read 36603 times)

Offline Lance Corporal Atlas

• Punished Big Bun Boss
  • Catalyst
  • POTATO POWER 126
Re: Could you let a brother in?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 04:52:42 AM »
oh god lance stop hurting me with your indecisiveness
Dude, Mika can't misinterpret something, you[/u] made a mistake.

laziness and circular arguments
it takes two to make a circular argument

name some
uh i dont want to search the web for an argument with someone like you so ill name some interestings things i found

those stairs
that flying house
random holes in wrists
some ancient tombs and stuff
logic of purpose

i'm very interested seeing you trying to do what millions of people throughout history have attempted to do but eventually were smart enough to realize they can't
you seem to think im trying to say that judaism/christianity/islam is real, when im just saying that some occurrences and pseudo-proof makes the likelihood of the religions being real greater than something like FSM or Greek mythology

while you're at it try proving to me that gravity won't cease to function 24 hours from now
lol silly mika.

the chances that gravity wont cease to work is greater than the chances of it not working, because it has worked since the beginning of the universe. fromthesky;

Offline Mikazukinoyaiba

• Unhappy Camper
  • POTATO POWER 34
  • Nintendo announces a firetruck: wee-oo wee-oo
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 04:58:37 AM »
it takes two to make a circular argument
and it takes just you to use so much circular reasoning and not see a problem with it
you seem to think im trying to say that judaism/christianity/islam is real
wrong again

pseudo-proof makes the likelihood of the religions being real greater than something like FSM or Greek mythology
so your fake-proof makes something more likely to be real? okay phnglui;

while i could give you the FSM (though you'd be wrong about any sort of evidence making it more or less likely to be real than the abrhamic religions) how is greek mythology in that same category?
the chances that gravity wont cease to work is greater than the chances of it not working,
are you pulling numbers out of your ass again?

because it has worked since the beginning of the universe. fromthesky;
Were you there at the beginning of the universe? phnglui; How do you know gravity behaved the way it did now or existed 700 billion years ago?

And even if it did work the way it did since the beginning of the universe it speaks nothing of it working just the same tomorrow or even five minutes from now. You definitely can't make such a claim, why are you answering such obvious philosophical traps?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:01:32 AM by Ho-oh »

Offline Thrustingly Outrageous

• BBBBBBBBB
  • AAAAAAAAA
  • POTATO POWER 25
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 04:58:53 AM »
i don't get why black people get angry when white people say they like fried chicken.

everyone, except vegetarians, likes fried chicken and i think blacks are covered under "everyone"

Fried chicken is actually fairly disgusting.

But it's also so delicious. mglw'nafh;

Offline Mikazukinoyaiba

• Unhappy Camper
  • POTATO POWER 34
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 05:01:51 AM »
heads up lance i edited my post

Offline sahasrahla

• HIPICKLE
  • AAAAAAAAA
  • POTATO POWER 65440
  • Lightning to the nations
    • i have a blog
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 05:02:15 AM »
ELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Punished Big Bun Boss
  • Catalyst
  • POTATO POWER 126
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 05:03:01 AM »
are you pulling numbers out of your ass again?
yes mika, my ass has all the answers

Were you there at the beginning of the universe? phnglui; How do you know gravity behaved the way it did now or existed 700 billion years ago?
well peeps have studied this stuff for awhile and the fact that gravity hasn't changed over the past couple thousand years on earth and astronomical occurrences suggest the same gravity behavior in the past, its a safe assumption to make

And even if it did work the way it did since the beginning of the universe it speaks nothing of it working just the same tomorrow or even five minutes from now. You definitely can't make such a claim, why are you answering such obvious philosophical traps?
lol i didnt make a claim i said theres a greater chance that it wouldnt

and it takes just you to use so much circular reasoning and not see a problem with it
and it comes full circle again :|

wrong again
no i havent been wrong i used seems as a safety net and if it isnt so then stop seeming like that

so your fake-proof makes something more likely to be real? okay phnglui;
finally youre seeing things my way :D

Psuedo-proof was a poor choice of wording. When something has some sort of evidence for it, even if the evidence is slightly faulty, the chances of it being so are higher than something like the FSM, which is pretty much proven to be the fabrication of a college student.

while i could give you the FSM
:D
(though you'd be wrong about any sort of evidence making it more or less likely to be real than the abrhamic religions)
nu uh

how is greek mythology in that same category?
Because the actions of the gods are pretty much explanations for events that were previously unexplainable but are nowadays
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:13:53 AM by Lance Corporal Atlas »

• Punished Big Bun Boss
  • Catalyst
  • POTATO POWER 126
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 05:03:24 AM »
heads up lance i edited my post
oh poop gimme a sec

Offline Mikazukinoyaiba

• Unhappy Camper
  • POTATO POWER 34
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2009, 05:28:01 AM »
yes mika, my ass has all the answers
it certainly is doing the thinking for you
well peeps have studied this stuff for awhile
so
the fact that gravity hasn't changed over the past couple thousand years on earth
So because gravity has been the same for the past couple of thousand years means it couldn't have or will behave differently?

What is a couple thousand of years compared to the billions upon billions the universe is? It's even less than a blink. So why can't the current behavior of gravity now be the anomaly or perhaps specific to our little area of the universe?
and astronomical occurrences suggest the same gravity behavior in the past, its a safe assumption to make
but an assumption nonetheless, one that you can't claim is a fact

and of course this means shit if human reasoning is limited
lol i didnt make a claim
That is correct you made two
i said theres a greater chance that it wouldnt [behave differently in the future]
claim #1, the chance of gravity behaving differently anytime soon is less likely than it being the same because it has behaved the way it has (as we know it) for a long time

even if we don't know exactly how long that time is and it is incredibly short compared to plenty of other universal events that take much longer periods of time to progress.

it has worked since the beginning of the universe
claim #2 gravity is behaving now the way it always has

When something has some sort of evidence for it, even if the evidence is slightly faulty
If something has faulty evidence being used as an argument for or against it, the whole argument is faulty.

and once again, we're speaking about things that have no physical evidence for or against them (the "miracles" you name does have alternative explanations. I remember we already discussed the miracle stairs and why they are bs)

FSM, which is pretty much proven to be the fabrication of a college student.
Nothing is "pretty much" proven or disproven. There is just as much evidence for the FSM being the fabrication of a college student than Abraham's god being a fabrication of some hermit. Absolutely none. Just as Abrhaham's god spoke to him the FSM could have spoke to the college student. Unfortunately the college student passed it off as being an idea rather than real.

Because the actions of the gods are pretty much explanations for events that were previously unexplainable but are nowadays
So because there are alternative explanations the Greek gods are less likely to be real? And how does that work?

Not only that but the Abrahamic god was used to explain plenty of things in the past, things that which now there have been given plenty of alternative explanations. Even so all of those alternatives could still be false. Any sort of god(s) could still be working behind any of the events we witness, just because Man has come up with an alternative doesn't make man more likely to be right or any of the other alternatives more likely to be wrong. It is just as erroneous to say that all of those alternatives turn out to be false the one remaining must be true.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:30:50 AM by Ho-oh »

Offline arthur t schelsinger

• The King
  • POTATO POWER -22
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2009, 06:22:36 AM »
wait what the white powder makes me look white

i dont get the relevance

Offline Paeckikacikle

• Female Moderator
  • POTATO POWER 21